Yields or Serves:
[Total: Average: /5]
This potato dish is the perfect side dish. It’s great as leftovers too. Feel free to garnish with crumbled bacon and chopped green onions.
- 4 Pounds Russet Potatoes (Washed & Thinly Sliced – Soak In Water To Prevent Browning)
- 3 Cups Irish Cheddar Cheese (Grated)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Onion (Diced)
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Thyme (Minced)
- 1 1/2 Cups Heavy Cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Butter square baking dish. Layer 1 pound of sliced potatoes into dish. Add a layer of grated cheese. Repeat until all potatoes and cheese are used.
- In small-size saucepan heat olive oil over a medium-high heat. Sauté onions and thyme until onions are caramelized. Add heavy cream and heat until cream is just warmed. Remove from heat and pour over potatoes.
- Place in oven and bake for 1 hour until potatoes are tender and cheese is bubbly.
- Remove from oven.
- Serve warm.
- Serves 4
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen All Rights Reserved