Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 2 Average: 5/5]
This chicken recipe is for the slow cooker. Just prepare it in the morning and come home to a delicious ready-made dinner.
- 8 To 10 Chicken Pieces
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Large Sweet Onion (Chopped)
- 4 Green Or Yellow Squash (Chopped)
- 1 Cup Sliced Cremini Mushrooms
- 6 Garlic Cloves (Crushed)
- 1 Chili Pepper (Chopped)
- 1 Cup Red Wine
- 28 Ounces San Marzano Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 Large Sprig Rosemary
- 1 Bundle Thyme
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Cup Freshly Ground Pepper
- Bundle rosemary and thyme with butcher’s twine. Set aside.
- Place chicken pieces into large-size bowl. Rub with kosher salt and pepper.
- Add olive oil to large-size skillet and turn heat to a medium-high. Add chicken pieces and brown on all sides. Remove and transfer to slow cooker.
- Add onions to skillet and cook 5 minutes until soft. Add garlic and chili. Cook 2 minutes. Remove and transfer to slow cooker.
- Add wine to skillet to deglaze pan, scraping any brown bits and cook until wine has reduced by half. Transfer to slow cooker.
- Place squash, mushrooms and herbs to slow cooker. Pour sauce over vegetables and chicken. Toss to distribute while keeping chicken on bottom. Stir halfway through cooking process.
- Cook 6 to 8 hours on medium.
- When ready to serve remove from slow cooker and serve over risotto or polenta.
- Serves 4 to 6
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes Cook Time: 8 Hours Total Time: 8 Hours 30 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2018 All Rights Reserved