Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
I used to not be such a fan of scallops because whenever I ordered them they came out rather chewy. Try this Jerk Scallop recipe because, quite frankly, I think that you’ll love it.
- 2 Teaspoons Granulated Onion
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 3/4 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 3/4 Teaspoon Allspice
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 Teaspoon Thyme
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Dried Habanero Powder
- 12 Jumbo Scallops
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- In medium-size bowl combine all spices to make jerk seasoning blend.
- Rub scallops down with olive oil. Season them generously with jerk seasoning blend. Cover with plastic wrap. Place in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Remove from fridge.
- Heat grill to a high heat. You will want to sear scallops on high heat for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes per side until cooked through, but NOT overcooked.
- If you do not have a grill then by all means cook in a grill pan over a high heat for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes per side.
- Remove from grill and transfer to serving platter and serve immediately.
- Serve with rice and garden salad.
- Serves 6
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen All Rights Reserve