Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 14 Average: 3.3/5]
Great as an afternoon snack or as a special treat to sneak into a brown-bag lunch.
- 1 1/4 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter (Softened)
- 1/2 Cup Packed Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Cups Toasted Macadamia Nuts
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line large-size baking sheet with parchment paper. Place macadamia nuts onto baking sheet and place in oven for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove and let cool. Chop in half. Set aside.
- In a small-size bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, and kosher salt. Set aside.
- In large-size bowl beat together peanut butter, butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla until combined. Add flour mixture and beat until combined. Add toasted macadamia nuts and combine.
- Drop dough by heaping teaspoons onto parchment paper lined baking sheets – 2 inches apart. With fork press crisscross pattern into top of each cookie.
- Place into oven and bake for 10 to 14 minutes until lightly browned. Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to wire racks to cool.
- Repeat forming and baking with remaining dough. Makes about 36 cookies.
- © Victoria Hart Glavin