Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
A classic poached egg with Canadian bacon and an easy Hollandaise sauce. Feel free to substitute smoked salmon for a twist on this brunch favorite.
- 8 Eggs (Cold)
- 4 English Muffins (Split & Toasted)
- 8 Slices Canadian Bacon (Warmed)
- 3/4 Cup Hollandaise Sauce
- Heat 3 inches of water in large-size saucepan to boiling. Adjust heat to keep water simmering gently. Break eggs, 1 at a time, into custard cup or saucer. Holding dish close to surface, SLIP egg into water.
- Cook eggs 3 to 5 minutes until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken, but are not hard. DO NOT stir. Lift eggs from water with slotted spoon. Drain well.
- Top each muffin half with 1 slice bacon, 1 egg and 1 1/2 tablespoons hollandaise sauce.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 8
- NOTES: Use very fresh eggs for poaching. They hold their shape better and form fewer wispy threads (angel wings) in the water. Do not swirl the water as this creates a vortex that will ruffle the delicate egg protein. Relatively quiet water that is gently simmering produces the best result. Do not poach eggs ahead of time and hold them in the refrigerator.
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen All Rights Reserved