Natural Easter Egg Dye
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 2 Cups Roughly Chopped Raw Beets (For Pink/Red)
- 2 Cups Blueberries Crushed (For Blue/Purple)
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Turmeric (For Yellow/Gold)
- 1 Teaspoon Distilled White Vinegar
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Place your choice of coloring ingredients (beets, blueberries or turmeric) into small pot with 2 cups water and bring to boil. Cover, reduce heat to a medium-low and simmer 2 minutes. Strain through fine mesh sieve. Throw away any solids and then stir in vinegar. Set aside to let cool until room temperature.
- To color eggs, submerge in dye, turning often for even coating, until desired color is reached. For more colors, dye eggs first in one color, then wipe dry and dye in a second color.
- Try experimenting with other colorful ingredients such as hibiscus tea, red cabbage, coffee or paprika.
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2018 All Rights Reserved