Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 2 Average: 5/5]
Yellow or orange sweet potatoes make excellent chips. You can use a sharp knife to slice the potatoes, but I highly recommend using a mandoline or food processor. You’ll get more even slices that way. Each potato should yield just the right number of slices to cover a large baking sheet. Work in batches for the best results.
- 3 Large Sweet Potatoes (Scrubbed & Unpeeled)
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut potatoes into ¼ inch thick slices, using a mandoline slicer. Don’t slice any thinner or the chips will burn too quickly.
- Blot slices between paper towels.
- Wipe large baking sheet with 2 teaspoons olive oil. Spread single layer of potato slices onto oiled baking sheet. Sprinkle with some kosher salt.
- Place in oven and bake for 12 to 15 minutes until toasted to a dappled brown color with crisp and curly edges. Turn once during baking.
- Remove and set aside to cool. Chips will continue to crisp as they cool.
- Repeat with remaining potato slices. If not serving right away place in airtight container for 2 to 3 days.
- Makes about 70 chips.
- © Victoria Hart Glavin