Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
Celebrate Pi Day (3.14) on March 14th with Spinach Pie. But, remember, it doesn’t have to be Pi Day to make this wonderful savory pie.
- 1 Double Crust Pie Shell
- 2 Quarts Fresh Spinach Or 1 1/2 Cups Frozen Chopped Spinach
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Large Onion (Chopped)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Teaspoon Oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 Eggs (Beaten)
- 2 Cups Grated Swiss Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- If you’re using frozen spinach then thaw and squeeze it to remove any liquid. If you’re using fresh spinach, cook, drain, dry well and chop it. Heat olive oil in medium-size sauté pan over a medium heat. Add onions and cook 5 minutes until tender. Stir frequently. Remove from heat.
- In medium-size bowl combine spinach, onions, nutmeg, oregano, kosher salt, eggs, and grated cheese. Mix well. Pour into unbaked pie shell. Arrange top crust over filling and crimp edges to seal. Place in oven for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes before serving.
- Serves 6
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes Cook Time: 40 Minutes Total Time: 70 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved