Pumpkin Waffles With Cream Cheese Glaze is a nice spin on traditional waffles. They are comforting, custardy and filling. These waffles are made with the sour cream for smoothness and dark rum for extra flavor. Perfect for breakfast, brunch, or dessert.
Pumpkin Waffles With Cream Cheese Glaze
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 6 ratings
- 5 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter (Melted)
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Purée
- 1/2 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Peeled & Grated Fresh Ginger
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 1/3 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Dark Rum
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 4 Ounces Cream Cheese (Room Temperature)
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter (Room Temperature)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Line large-size baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Grease and preheat waffle iron.
- In large-size bowl combine pumpkin, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, and kosher salt. Mix well. Stir in flour, baking powder, and baking soda until incorporated. Mixture will be pretty thick and a bit lumpy, but don’t try to make it smooth.
- In medium-size bowl beat eggs, milk, sour cream, and vanilla. Add to waffle mixture and stir until combined. Fold in melted butter.
- Spoon out 2/3 to 3/4 cup batter onto hot waffle iron. Spread batter evenly over grids. Close lid and bake until golden. Remove and transfer to prepared baking sheet. Place in oven while making rest of waffles.
- For Glaze: In medium-size bowl combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter, and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Drizzle on waffles.
- Serve warm.
- Serves 6
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes Cook Time: 20 Minutes Total Time: 50 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2017 All Rights Reserved