Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Tags: Bar Cookies, Butter, Butterscotch, Butterscotch Chips, Chocolate, Chocolate Chips, Coconut, Condensed Milk, Cookies, Dessert, Game Day, Graham Cracker Crumbs, Graham Crackers, Greenwich Free Press, Nuts, Parties, Pecans, Seven Layer Bars, Superbowl, Sweetened Condensed Milk, Vegetarian, Victoria Hart Glavin, www.tinynewyorkkitchen.com
Seven layer bars, also called Magic Bars, are a perfect “one pan” quickie dessert for home or if you’re taking a dessert to a party. You’ll wonder why you didn’t make these little gems before. Just remember to let them cool completely so that they don’t fall apart on you when you cut them.
- 1 1/2 Cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1/2 Cup Butter (Melted)
- 14 Ounces Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 Cup Butterscotch Chips
- 1 1/4 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 1 1/3 Cups Flaked Coconuts
- 1 Cup Pecans (Chopped)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 13x9 inch baking pan with parchment paper or grease with unsalted butter.
- In a medium-size bowl combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Mix well so that all graham cracker crumbs are moist. Press crumb mixture firmly into bottom of prepared pan
- Pour condensed milk evenly over crumb mixture. Layer evenly with butterscotch chips, chocolate chips, coconut, and chopped pecans. Press down with spatula.
- Place in oven and bake 25 minutes until lightly browned. Remember that each oven heats differently.
- Remove from oven. If you didn’t use parchment paper then loosen from sides of pan while still warm. Cool completely in pan.
- Cut into bars.
- Makes about 30 bars
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen