Your family and guests will love this rack of lamb in a simple red wine sauce with crispy roasted potatoes, and you’ll love how quickly it comes together.
Rack Of Lamb With Roasted Potatoes
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (4.8 /5)
- 17 ratings
- 1 Rack Of Lamb (1.2 Pounds)
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Pound Potatoes (Peeled & Halved)
- 1 Cup Red Wine
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Peeled)
- 1 Sprig Thyme
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Season lamb with kosher salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in large-size skillet over a medium-high heat. Place lamb in hot oil and brown on all sides. After browned, arrange lamb bone-side down. Add potatoes around lamb. Place in oven for 15 to 20 minutes until thermometer reads 125 degrees for medium rare. Remove from oven and transfer to cutting board. Cover with for and let rest 10 minutes. Place potatoes in bowl and cover with foil.
- While lamb rests transfer excels fat from skillet to small bowl to be thrown away. Place pan back on stove over a medium heat. Add 1/2 cup wine, garlic, thyme, and chicken broth. Boil 8 minutes until sauce is reduced to 1/2 cup. Remove pan from heat. Throw away garlic and thyme. Strain into gravy boat and serve with lamb and potatoes.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 25 Minutes Total Time: 45 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2017 All Rights Reserved