Using a mix of different root vegetables gives this simple side dish a complexity. Feel free to incorporate your favorites.
Roasted Root Vegetable Medley
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 2 1/2 Pounds Mixed Root Vegetables (Beets, Carrots, Parsnips, Potatoes)
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1/3 Cup Pesto
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or foil. Set aside.
- Peel root vegetables and cut into thick slices. Place in large-size microwave-safe bowl or baking dish along with 1/4 cup water. Cover with vented plastic wrap and microwave 5 to 7 minutes until almost tender. Remove and drain well.
- Gently toss vegetables with olive oil. Arrange in single layer on prepared baking sheets. Season with kosher salt and pepper. Place in oven 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven.
- Transfer vegetables to serving bowl and spoon pesto on top.
- Serve warm.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 20 Minutes Total Time: 30 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2018 All Rights Reserved