Don’t be afraid to cook radishes. Sautéing mellows their sharp flavor and makes them more tender. Beautiful spring radishes are tamed when they’re cooked with a little sugar and tossed in fresh dill.
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 4 ratings
- 2 Pounds Radishes
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Finely Chopped)
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Dill
- Trim radishes. Cut larger ones into quarters and smaller ones into halves.
- In a deep 12-inch skillet heat olive oil over a medium heat. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Stir often. Add radishes, sugar, and 1/4 cup water. Season with kosher salt. Cover and cook 8 to 10 minutes until radishes are almost tender. Stir occasionally.
- Uncover skillet and cook radishes another 4 minutes until excess liquid evaporates and radishes are tender. Remove from heat and add dill. Toss until combined.
- Transfer to serving dish.
- Serve warm
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes Total Time: 35 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2019 All Rights Reserved