Serve these in place of nuts or use as a garnish for cakes, pies, or cocktails. If you don’t have superfine sugar then make your own by pulsing granulated sugar in a food processor for about a minute.
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 3 ratings
- 2 Cups Granulated Sugar
- 2 Cups Water
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups Fresh Cranberries
- 3/4 Cup Superfine sugar
- In small-size pan combine 2 cups granulated sugar , vanilla, and 2 cups water over a low heat for 5 minutes. Stir mixture until sugar dissolves. Bring to a simmer. Do not boil. Remove from heat. Add cranberries and stir well. Transfer into bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Place in refrigerator 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator and drain cranberries over a bowl. You may reserve steeping liquid for another use (like a simple syrup for cocktails).
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place superfine sugar in rimmed shallow dish. Add cranberries, rolling to coat. Place sugared cranberries in single layer on prepared baking sheet. Let sit at room temperature 1 hour until dry.
- Store in airtight container in cool place for up to 1 week.
- Serves 6
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 5 Minutes Refrigerate: 8 Hours Total Time: 25 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2019 All Rights Reserved