Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: 8
Seriously, I don’t know a single person who doesn’t like Rice Crispy Treats. Make sure to use fresh marshmallows or one 7-ounce jar of marshmallow cream can be used instead. I don’t recommend using diet or reduced calorie or margarine. To freeze place layers separated by wax paper in an airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 10 Ounces Marshmallows
- 6 Cups Rice Cereal
- Frosting Or Decorating Gel (Optional)
- Assorted Candies (Optional)
- Line a 13 x 8 x 2-inch pan with foil and coat with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In large-size pan melt butter over a low heat. Add marshmallows and constantly stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Add cereal and stir until well coated.
- Using a buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into prepared pan. Let cool.
- Remove from pan. Remove foil. Decorate with frosting, gel pen and/or candies.
- Cut into 2-inch squares or using a heart shaped cookie cutter cut into heart shapes.
- Best if served the same day.
- Serves 8
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cook Time: 10 Minutes Total Time: 25 Minutes
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2021 All Rights Reserved