Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 2 Average: 5/5]
Going meatless doesn’t mean giving up flavor with this layered lasagna filled with vegetables.
- 20 Ounces Frozen Chopped Spinach (Thawed)
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Diced Onions
- 1 Cup Diced Green Peppers
- 2 Teaspoons Dried Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Basil
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 2 Cups Thinly Sliced Zucchini
- 2 Pounds Ricotta Cheese
- 2 Cups Grated Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 10 Cups Tomato Sauce
- 1 Pound Dry Lasagna Noodles
- Grease 15x9x2 1/2 inch lasagna pan with oil. Set aside.
- Squeeze thawed spinach dry and set aside.
- Heat olive oil over a medium-high heat. Add onions, peppers, kosher salt, pepper, oregano, and basil. Sauté 5 minutes until onions and peppers are limp. Remove from heat. In medium-size bowl add spinach and onion mixture. Toss to combine. Divide into two portions.
- Divide zucchini and cheeses into two portions – one for each layer of the lasagna. Cover bottom of prepared lasagna pan with 1 cup tomato sauce. Arrange a layer of dry noodles. Start layering with one portion each of ricotta, zucchini, spinach mixture, 2 cups tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, and Parmesan cheese.
- Arrange second layer of pasta at a 90-degree angle to the first one. Break into pieces to make them fit, if necessary. Cover with other ingredients as before. For top layer of pasta, noodles must be coated on both sides with sauce. Arrange them in the same direction as bottom layer.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator over night.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove from refrigerator and tent with foil. Place in oven 2 hours.
- Remove from oven and let rest 15 minutes before serving.
- Heat any remaining tomato sauce to serve with lasagna.
- Serves 8
- Prep Time: 40 Minutes Cook Time:120 Minutes Total Time: 160 Minutes Chill Overnight
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2018 All Rights Reserved