I usually add almond paste when making pies. The addition of a layer of almond paste makes a great apple pie extraordinary!
Apple Crumb Pie
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 Pie
- (5 /5)
- 2 ratings
- 7 Ounces Almond Paste
- 1 Unbaked 9 Inch Pie Shell (Chilled)
- 1/2 Cup Unbleached Flour
- 1/2 Cup Uncooked Oats
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Walnuts Or Almonds
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon (Divided)
- 6 Tablespoons Cold Butter (Cut Into 1/4 Inch Pieces)
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 5 Baking Apples (Peeled, Cored & Sliced)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Shape almond paste into flat disk. Roll out to 9 inch disk between 2 sheets of wax paper. Press into bottom and up sides of pie shell. Place in refrigerator until ready to fill.
- In medium-size bowl combine flour, oats, brown sugar, walnuts and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Cut butter pieces into mixture until crumbs are formed.
- In medium-size bowl combine sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and apple slices. Transfer apple mixture into pie shell.
- Evenly spoon oat topping over apple filling.
- Place in oven 50 to 60 minutes until golden brown. If topping is browning too fast loosely tent with foil.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Makes 1 Pie
- Serves 8
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes Cook Time: 60 Minutes Total Time: 90 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2017 All Rights Reserved