Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
This is a very easy and relatively virtuous cake as buttermilk is very low in fat. This cake is flavorful, moist and overflowing with fresh and delicious blueberries. Seriously, what could be better?
- 3 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Cup Butter (Softened)
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 6 Eggs (Room Temperature)
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon Almond Extract
- 4 Cups Fresh Blueberries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease a quiche pan and set aside. You could make this in a Bundt pan if you wanted to.
- In a large-size bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and kosher salt.
- In large-size bowl cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add vanilla, almond extract and eggs one at a time. Add half of the flour mixture until just combined. Add half of the buttermilk until just combined. Repeat with remaining flour mixture and buttermilk. Gently fold in blueberries by hand. If you are using a mixer now is the time to turn it off, as you don’t want your blueberries to get beaten up.
- Pour batter evenly into pan. Spread top of batter with a spoon to make sure it’s smooth.
- Place in oven 60 minutes until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Remember that each oven heats differently, which means your cake may need more or less time in the oven.
- Remove from oven and let cool on wire rack 30 minutes or more before serving.
- To serve cut slices out of pan.
- Serves 12
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 60 Minutes Total Time: 80 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved