Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
[Total: Average: /5]
This pot of Caribbean comfort food seasoned with hot curry and Scotch bonnet peppers definitely turns it up a notch.
- 2 1/4 Pounds Boneless Chicken Breasts & Thighs (Diced)
- 1 Tablespoon Vinegar
- 3 1/2 Cups Water (Divided)
- 1/2 Cup Hot Curry Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Large Potato (Diced)
- 1 Onion (Sliced)
- 4 Scotch Bonnet Peppers (Sliced)
- 2 Cups Baby Carrots
- 2 Cups Coconut Milk
- Wash diced chicken with vinegar and 1/2 cup water. Place damp chicken aside in large-size bowl.
- In small-size bowl combine curry, onion powder, garlic powder, and kosher salt. Reserve 2 tablespoons of mixture. Add remaining curry mixture to bowl of chicken and rub into meat.
- In large-size skillet over a medium-high heat add olive oil and reserved curry mixture. Cook 3 minutes until spices brown. Add chicken and brown on both sides. Add water, potatoes, onions, peppers, and carrots. Stir in coconut milk. Cover and simmer 50 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Ladle into individual bowls and serve.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes Cook Time: 60 Minutes Total Time: 85 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved