Tiny New York Kitchen’s take on a traditional Thai soup. Don’t forget the lime squeeze finish. It will set this soup apart!
Coconut Lemongrass Chicken Soup
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 2 ratings
- 1 Pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (Thinly Sliced Or Cubed)
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 Carrots (Peeled & Diced)
- 6 Ribs Celery (Diced)
- 1 Red Onion (Quartered)
- 3 Cloves Garlic (Halved)
- 1 Cup Sliced Shitake Mushrooms
- 1 Small Red Bell Pepper (Seeded & Sliced)
- 1/2 Jalapeño Or Serrano Pepper (Seeds Removed & Diced)
- 1 Blade Lemongrass (Tough Outer Skin Removed Then Crushed & Diced)
- 32 Ounces Chicken Broth
- Juice Of 2 Limes (Divided)
- Zest Of 1 Lime
- 1/2 Teaspoon White Pepper
- 14.5 Ounces Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 16 Ounces Thai Noodles
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Cilantro (For Garnish)
- Heat oil in a medium stockpot over a medium-high heat. Add carrots, celery, onion, garlic, mushrooms, red bell pepper, jalapeño, and lemongrass. Cook vegetables 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add chicken stock. Turn heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes until vegetables begin to soften. Strain broth and set vegetables aside. Pour broth back into pot and bring to boil.
- Add juice of 1 lime, zest, white pepper, and chicken. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes until chicken has cooked through. Add coconut milk. Season with kosher salt.
- Turn off heat and add noodles. Let set 6 minutes.
- Transfer to serving bowl. Garnish with juice of 1 lime and chopped cilantro.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 41 Minutes Total Time: 61 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2019 All Rights Reserved