Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
Tags: Appetizers, Balsamic Vinegar, Bread, Breadcrumbs, Brown Sugar, Butter, Cayenne Pepper, Corn, Crabmeat, Crabs, Crushed Red Pepper, Dijon Mustard, Eggs, Flour, French Bread, Green Onions, Hors d'oeuvres, Kosher Salt, Mayonnaise, Mustard, Oil, Onions, Orange Juice, Orange Peel, Oranges, Parsley, Red Pepper, Salt, Seafood, Shallots, Sugar, Summer Fun, Tomatoes, Vegetable Oil, Victoria Hart Glavin, Vinegar, www.tinynewyorkkitchen.com, Zesty Orange Crab Cakes With Tomato Corn Relish
Delicious bite-size crab cakes with a richly flavored tomato corn relish are the perfect starter for any summer meal.
- Tomato Corn Relish
- 2 Teaspoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Shallots
- 1 Cup Diced Seeded Plum Tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoons Fresh Orange Juice
- 1/2 Cup Cooked Corn
- 1/4 Teaspoon Dried Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Crab Cakes
- 4 1/2 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Tablespoon Grated Orange Peel
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Pound Fresh Crabmeat (Picked Over & Drained)
- 1 Cup Fresh Breadcrumbs From French Bread
- 3 Tablespoons Finely Chopped Green Onion
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 1/3 Cup Unbleached Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- For Tomato Corn Relish: Whisk vinegar and sugar in medium-size skillet over a medium heat until sugar dissolves. Add shallots; stir 2 minutes until just tender. Add tomatoes, corn, orange juice, and red pepper. Stir until heat through. Remove from heat and mix in parsley. Season with kosher salt. Set aside.
- For Crab Cakes: In large-size bowl blend mayonnaise, egg, orange peel, mustard, kosher salt, and cayenne pepper. Stir in crabmeat, breadcrumbs, green onions, and parsley. Using 2 tablespoons of mixture for each cake, form twenty 2-inch diameter cakes. Place on baking sheet. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Place flour in small-size bowl. Lightly coat each crab cake with flour. Melt 1 tablespoon butter with 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in heavy large-size skillet over a medium heat. Add crab cakes in batches. Cook until golden. Add more butter and oil if needed. Cook 5 minutes per side.
- Remove from heat. Spoon relish onto serving platter. Place crab cakes on top of relish.
- Serve immediately.
- Makes 20 Crab Cakes
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes Cook Time: 20 Minutes Total Time: 50 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved