Yields or Serves:
Though it’s still warm here in the Northeast the mornings are beginning to have that crisp feeling and the evenings are cooling down. When Fall weather approaches I start craving soups and heartier meals. Curry Carrot Soup is easy to make. If you want to make this recipe vegetarian then use vegetable stock instead of chicken stock.
- 3 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 5 Cups Chopped Carrots
- 1 Onion (Chopped)
- 5 Potatoes (Peeled & Chopped)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Chopped)
- 2 Tablespoons Curry Powder
- 6 Cups Chicken Stock
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- In large-size stockpot heat butter over a low heat. Add carrots, onions, and potatoes. Cover and cook for 10 minutes until softened, but not browned. Add garlic and cook another 3 minutes. Add curry powder, chicken stock, kosher salt, and pepper. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer 60 minutes.
- Remove from heat and use immersion blender or regular blender to purée soup to desired consistency. Return to heat to warm through.
- Transfer to soup bowls and serve immediately.
- Serves 8
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2015 All Rights Reserved