If I want to feed a doughnut craving, but don’t want the hassle of making doughnuts, I make Doughnut Muffins. They’re super easy to make and taste remarkably like doughnuts.
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 2 ratings
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 2/3 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 1 Cup Milk
- 4 Tablespoons Butter (Melted)
- 4 Tablespoons Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lightly grease muffin tin.
- In small-size bowl combine 4 tablespoons sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon for topping. Set aside.
- In large-size bowl beat together butter, vegetable oil, and sugar until smooth. Add eggs. Beat well. Stir in baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, kosher salt, and vanilla. Stir flour into mixture alternating with milk. Begin and end with flour. Combine well.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan until cups are nearly full.
- Place in oven 15 to 17 minutes until pale golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool until you can handle them.
- Melt butter.
- Use pastry brush to paint top of each muffin with butter. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture. Or dip tops of muffins into melted butter and then roll in cinnamon sugar.
- Transfer to serving plate and serve.
- Makes 12
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 17 Minutes Total Time: 37 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2017 All Rights Reserved