- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 12 ratings
- 1 Medium Eggplant (Unpeeled & Cut Into 1/2 Inch Slices)
- 2/3 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Cup Sliced Olives
- 6 Green Onions (Finely Sliced)
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 Cups Tomato Juice (More If Needed)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 3/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Wash and slice eggplant. Throw away stem end. Salt slices and arrange in one layer in large-size shallow ovenproof dish. Do not overlap. Scatter sliced olives over eggplant.
- In large-size skillet sauté green onions in olive oil for 2 minutes over a medium heat. Add tomato juice and oregano over a low heat. Simmer 20 minutes.
- Pour sauce over eggplant slices. If it doesn’t quite cover add a bit more tomato juice. Sprinkle grated cheese over top of sauce.
- Place in oven for 35 to 45 minutes until most sauce has been absorbed.
- Remove from oven and serve warm.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes Cook Time: 45 Minutes Total Time: 75 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2017 All Rights Reserved