Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 3 Average: 5/5]
This creamy side dish goes well with any meal. Try swapping regular potatoes for yams for a sweeter version.
- 2 Pounds Celery Root
- 2 Pounds Gold Potatoes
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Minced Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- Peel celery root and cut into 1 inch chunks. Reel potatoes and cut into 1 inch chunks.
- In large-size pot add celery root and potato chunks. Add enough water to cover vegetables by 1 inch. Partially cover pot with lid. Turn heat to high and bring to boil. Reduce heat and cook 20 minutes until very tender.
- In small-size skillet combine olive oil and garlic over a medium-low heat. Cook 4 to 6 minutes until golden brown. Stir often. Remove from heat.
- Drain cooked celery root and potatoes. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- In large-size bowl mash celery root and potatoes with masher or potato ricer until smooth. Add garlic mixture and season with kosher salt and pepper. Stir until just combined. Add some reserved cooking liquid if needed.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 6
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 30 Minutes Total Time: 50 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2018 All Rights Reserved