Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 1 Average: 5/5]
Bison is a naturally flavorful, lean, and tender meat that can be prepared much the same as beef. Overcooking is a no-no, but make sure it reaches a medium doneness.
- 4 Boneless Bison Top Loin Steaks (1 Inch Thick)
- 1 Tablespoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Trim fat from steaks. Sprinkle steaks with pepper and kosher salt. Rub in with your fingers.
- For a charcoal grill, preheat grill and grill steaks on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals until steaks reach desired doneness, turning once halfway through grilling. For steaks, allow 14 to 18 minutes for medium rare (145 degrees) or 18 to 22 minutes for medium (160 degrees).
- For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place steaks on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.
- Remove from grill and let rest on carving board for 10 minutes. Slice and transfer to serving plate.
- Serves 4
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen All Rights Reserved