Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: 10
Tags: American Food, Beer, Brats, Bratwursts, Brown Mustard, Butter, Crusty Rolls, Dinner, German Food, Gracious Vintage, Grilling, Guests, Holiday Weekend, July 4th, Lager, Lunch, Mustard, Oil, Onions, Parties, Patriotic, Rolls, Sauerkraut, Tiny New York Kitchen, Victoria Hart Glavin, Vidalia Onions, Water
Keeping sausages in a foil pan of beer on the grill is a delicious way to keep them warm so guests can help themselves.
- 2 Large Vidalia Onions
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 2 Pounds Bratwursts (About 10)
- 1 Large Aluminum Foil Pan
- 12 Ounces Lager
- 3 Cups Water
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 Cup Spicy Brown Mustard
- 10 Long Crusty Rolls
- Sauerkraut (Optional)
- Set one section of grill to medium-high and another section to medium.
- Peel onions and slice into 1/4-inch-thick rounds, keeping rings intact. Brush all over with oil. Place on cooler side of grill and cook 5 to 7 minutes per side until grill marks appear and onions are tender. Remove from grill and transfer to cutting board.
- Place bratwursts on hotter side of grill and cook 5 minutes per side until deep golden brown. When done place in pan along with lager, butter, 3 cups water, and half of grilled onions. Place pan on hotter side of grill and heat until liquid comes to a simmer. Simmer brats 10 minutes until cooked through. Move aluminum pan to cooler side of grill to keep brats warm while serving.
- While brats simmer, finely chopped reserved grilled onions and stir tighter with mustard.
- Serve brats with mustard on the rolls with remaining beer braised onion rings. Add sauerkraut if you wish.
- Serves 10
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 20 Minutes Total Time: 30 Minutes
- “Work With What You Got!”
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2021 All Rights Reserved