Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: Makes About 10 Cones
For me the cone is as important as the ice cream. I’ve been making my own ice cream these days so I decided to try my hand at making waffle cones. Homemade Waffle Cones are excellent for holding scoops of your favorite homemade ice cream. Make sure to cook each cone for at least one minute before lifting the lid of the waffle cone maker so that the batter has time to get firm.
- 2/3 Cup Unbleached Flour
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter (Melted)
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- Preheat waffle cone maker. Start with heat setting #3 and adjust as necessary, depending on desired degree of brownness.
- In small-size bowl combine flour and salt. Set aside.
- In medium-size bowl mix eggs and sugar for 1 minute. Add flour mixture and stir until incorporated. Add butter and milk. Stir until just combined.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup batter onto waffle cone maker. Using a small spatula, spread batter evenly over surface. Close lid and cook at least 1 minute before lifting lid to check for doneness. Continue cooking until desired color is reached.
- Quickly remove waffle from waffle cone maker and shape it around cone roller. Hold cone for a few seconds to set its shape.
- Set cone on a parchment lined baking sheet to cool completely.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Makes About 10 Cones
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 10 Minutes Total Time: 30 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2020 All Rights Reserved