There is amazing flavor in this easy dish. It is a beautiful example of just the right balance between acidity, richness, saltiness, and a touch of sweetness.
Lime Marinated Chicken Skewers
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 13 ratings
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Finely Grated Lime Zest
- 3 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Finely Chopped Cilantro
- 1/4 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs (About 4 Ounces Each)
- Prepare grill 350 to 450 degrees for direct cooking.
- Cut chicken thighs into 1 1/2 inch pieces.
- In large-size bowl combine olive oil, lime zest, lime juice, kosher salt, pepper, cilantro, and red pepper flakes. Add chicken pieces and toss to coat thoroughly. Let chicken marinated at room temperature for 5 to 30 minutes before grilling.
- Thread chicken pieces onto skewers. Grill skewers over direct medium heat, with lid closes as much as possible, 8 to 10 minutes. Turn once or twice.
- Remove from grill and let rest 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- ** If you don’t have a grill then cook in grill pan over a medium-high heat.
- ** If using bamboo skewers soak in water 30 minutes.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes Cook Time: 10 Minutes Total Time: 40 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2017 All Rights Reserved