Pound chicken cutlet by placing them between 2 sheets of plastic wrap, then pound them with a meat mallet, bottom of a saucepan, or a heavy can. The plastic wrap will help make cleaning up easier and faster.
Low-Fat Crunchy Oven-Fried Chicken
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 16 ratings
- 3 Tablespoons Low-Fat Or Non-Fat Buttermilk
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Fresh Lime Juice
- 1/4 Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 Boneless Chicken Cutlets (Pounded to 1/4 Inch Thick)
- 1/2 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoons Crushed Cornflakes
- 2 Teaspoons Olive Oil (Divided)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In small-size bowl combine buttermilk, lime juice, mustard, garlic powder, pepper, and kosher salt.
- Dip chicken into buttermilk mixture. Coat both sides. Use entire mixture. Dip into crushed cornflakes. Turn to coat both sides.
- Arrange on non-stick baking sheet. Drizzle 1/2 teaspoon olive over each cutlet. Place in oven 10 minutes. Turn chicken over and drizzle each cutlet with 1/2 teaspoon each. Continue cooking another 10 minutes until chicken is tender and coating is crisp.
- Remove from oven and serve warm.
- Serves 2
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 20 Minutes Total Time: 40 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2017 All Rights Reserved