Chicken Pasta Bake is an easy way to get a hearty dinner to the table without dirtying every dish in the kitchen. To serve a large group, double it and bake in a 9×13 inch casserole dish.
Chicken Pasta Bake
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 3 ratings
- 8 Ounces Pasta (Rotini Is A Good Choice)
- 4 To 8 Ounces Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (Cooked & Diced)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 3/4 Pound Fresh Mushrooms
- 1 Medium Onion (Thinly Sliced)
- 1/2 Cup Halved Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Marsala Wine
- 4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 3 Tablespoons Unbleached Flour
- 1 1/2 Cups Chicken Stock
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese (Divided)
- 4 Ounces Mozzarella (Cubed)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bring pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until not quite done, about one to two minutes ahead of total cook time. Drain and set aside.
- To oven-safe pot add olive oil over a high heat. Cook mushrooms until they begin to brown. Reduce heat to medium-high. Add onions, kosher salt, and pepper. Sauté 5 minutes. Add Marsala and cook another 5 minutes. Add butter. Stir until melted. Add flour and stir to create a roux. Cook gently 2 minuets. Gradually add chicken stock. Stir continuously. Simmer 2 minutes until sauce thickens. Remove pot from heat. Add cooked pasta, chicken, and cherry tomatoes. Stir in half of Parmesan and all of the mozzarella. Sprinkle top with remaining Parmesan.
- Place in oven 25 to 30 minutes until golden and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and serve warm.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes Cook Time: 30 Minutes Total Time: 60 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2017 All Rights Reserved