Yields or Serves: 4
Rating:[Total: 1 Average: 5/5]
Mexican Street Corn Salad is an excellent summer side dish. You get the classic flavors of Mexican Street Corn, but served as an easy salad.
- 4 Ears Fresh Corn
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1/3 Cup Chopped Red Onion
- 1/3 Cup Chopped Cilantro
- 1 1/2 Avocados (Chopped)
- 1 Garlic Clove (Minced)
- 3 Ounces Cotija Cheese (Crumbled) – Feta As Alternative
- 1/2 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 Jalapeño (Chopped)
- 3 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Heat vegetable oil in large-size skillet over a medium-high heat until shimmering. Add corn and kosher salt. Cook, tossing occasionally, 6 to 9 minutes until corn is well charred all over. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Transfer corn to medium-size bowl. Add avocados, onions, cilantro, jalapeño, garlic, cheese, mayonnaise, lime juice, and chili powder. Toss well.
- Serve immediately with more chili powder if desired.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 10 Minutes Total Time: 30 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2020 All Rights Reserved