Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
Make holiday mornings special with Mini Spinach Quiche. They can also double as an elegant appetizer.
- 15 Ounces Pie Dough (Room Temperature)
- 1 Teaspoon Vegetable oil
- 4 1/2 Ounces Flat Leaf Spinach (Chopped)
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1/3 Cup Half & Half
- 1 Cup Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 14 Cherry Tomatoes (Quartered)
- Grease two 12 cup muffin pans and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut out 24 rounds (3-inch) from pie dough. Place rounds into muffin cups. Prick each pie crust with a fork and bake 5 minutes. Remove from oven.
- In medium-size sauté pan heat vegetable oil over a medium heat. Sauté spinach in batches 5 minutes until wilted. Set aside to cool.
- In medium-size bowl lightly beat eggs. Add spinach, half & half, and cheese to eggs. Whisk until well blended. Add kosher salt and pepper.
- Place 1 1/2 tablespoons of egg mixture into each baked pastry shell. Top with cherry tomatoes. Place in oven 15 minutes until crust is golden and filling is set. If necessary cover with foil to prevent overbrowning.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly before removing from pans.
- Transfer to serving platter and serve warm.
- Makes 24
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 25 Minutes Total Time: 45 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2019 All Rights Reserved