Yields or Serves:
I’m not going to lie about it anymore. There are mornings that I’m on the go and it’s so simple to grab a piece of my Morning Lemon Cake and a cup of steaming hot coffee and be on my way. Who says you can’t eat cake for breakfast? I think people should eat cake all day if they want to.
- 18 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter (Softened)
- 1 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Zest
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Extract
- 4 Eggs (Room Temperature)
- 2 Cups Self-Rising Flour
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease loaf pan and then line with parchment paper.
- In a large-size bowl, beat butter and sugar for 5 minutes until creamy. Add lemon zest, vanilla, and lemon extract. Add egg, one at a time. Beat after each addition. Fold in flour and until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Place in oven and bake for 40 to 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes before removing cake from pan.
- Serves 8
- © Victoria Hart Glavin