Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
This easy dessert captures summer perfectly. It’s important to let the crisp cool enough so the ice cream doesn’t melt immediately, but rather melts and mingles slowly with the peach and plum juices, making its own delicious sauce. If you happen to have any crisp left over, it is delicious layered with plain yogurt for an indulgent breakfast parfait.
- 10 Medium to Large Peaches (Sliced)
- 3 Large Purple Plums (Sliced)
- 4 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Regular Rolled Oats
- 1/2 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Unbleached Flour
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- Ice Cream To Serve
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Place sliced peaches and plums in a 2-quart baking dish.
- In a medium-size bowl combine oats, brown sugar, flour, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle topping over peaches and plums.
- Place in oven for 40 minutes until peaches and plums are tender and topping is golden.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly. Serve with ice cream. Serves 6
- © Victoria Hart Glavin