Yields or Serves:
I came up with the idea for these cookies because each time I go to my favorite ice cream shop I order the Peanut Butter Cup ice cream. I love making peanut butter cookies, but sometimes they can be a bit boring. I used name brand Peanut Butter Cups, but I do know that there are some organic ones out there.
- 1 1/2 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Cup Butter (Room Temperature)
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar (Packed)
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 10 Regular Size Peanut Butter Cups (Coarsely Chopped)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 2 large-size baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large-size bowl combine flour, baking soda, and kosher salt.
- In a separate large-size bowl beat together softened butter, sugar, and brown sugar until nice and creamy. Add egg and vanilla. Beat just to combine.
- Slowly add flour mixture to combine. Make sure not to over mix.
- Fold in chocolate chips and peanut butter cup pieces.
- Drop by tablespoon size dough about 2 inches apart onto parchment paper lined baking sheets.
- Place in oven for 12 minutes until light brown on edges. Remember each oven heats differently.
- Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes on baking sheet before removing to wire racks to cool.
- Store in airtight container for up to 4 days (if they last that long).
- Makes about 45 cookies.
- © Victoria Hart Glavin