Outrageously good-and wholesome, too.
Strawberry Bran Muffins
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 10 to 12 Muffins
- (4.8 /5)
- 17 ratings
- 1 1/2 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 3/4 Cup Plain Oat Bran Or Wheat Bran (Not Packaged Bran Cereal)
- 2 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 3/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Cup Sliced Strawberries
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Cup Applesauce
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line 10 or 12 muffin cups with paper liners. Set aside.
- In large-size bowl combine flour, bran, baking powder, and kosher salt. Whisk to blend. Make a well in center of mixture.
- In separate large-size bowl whisk egg until frothy. Add applesauce, brown sugar, oil, milk, and honey. Whisk to blend. Pour into well of flour mixture. Stir until evenly blended. Fold in strawberries.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups.
- Place in oven for 23 to 25 minutes until muffins form domes that spring back when touched.
- Remove from oven and transfer to cooling rack for 5 minutes. Remove muffins from pan and place on rack until ready to serve.
- Makes 10 to 12 muffins.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 25 Minutes Total Time: 45 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2017 All Rights Reserved