Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 1 Average: 4/5]
Make the woman in your life this wonderful Almond Cake. Perfect for breakfast or dessert!
- 1 Cup Butter (Softened)
- 7 Ounces Almond Paste (Cut Into Chunks)
- 2 Eggs (Room Temperature)
- 2 Cups Sugar (Plus More For Sprinkling)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Almond Extract
- 2 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 1 Cup Sliced Almonds
- 1 Egg White
- 1 Tablespoon Water
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease two 8 inch cake pans. Set aside.
- In large-size bowl combine butter with almond paste. Beat with electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs and continue to beat while adding sugar and almond extract. Beat 5 minutes until light. Add flour and blend well. Spread batter evenly into prepared cake pans. Sprinkle sliced almonds over top. Beat egg white with 1 tablespoon water and brush over almonds. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Place in oven for 40 minutes until golden. Remove from oven and cool. Remove from pans and serve.
- Makes 2 Almond Cakes.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 40 Minutes Total Time: 60 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2017 All Rights Reserved