Treat the mother in your life to these delicious homemade scones that are light and even better with strawberry jam and mascarpone.
Scones With Strawberries & Mascarpone
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 12 Scones
- (5 /5)
- 16 ratings
- 3 Cups Unbleached Flour (Plus More For Dusting)
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt (Divided)
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- 6 Tablespoons Cold Butter (Cubed)
- 1 Cup Milk (Plus More For Brushing Tops)
- 8 Ounces Mascarpone Cheese
- 1 Cup Strawberry Jam
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place flour, baking powder, kosher salt, and sugar in food processor. Pulse to combine. Add butter. Pulse just to combine. Transfer to large-size bowl. Add milk and stir until combined and dough begins to form.
- Transfer dough to lightly floured work surface. Knead to form large oval that is approximately 1 1/2 inches thick. Using biscuit cutter or top of glass cut into 12 rounds.
- Place rounds onto prepared baking sheet. Brush tops with small amount of milk. Place in oven for 12 to 15 minutes until slightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow scones to cool slightly before slicing in half. Spread with mascarpone and strawberry jam.
- Serve warm.
- Makes Approximately 12 Scones
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes Total Time: 35 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2017 All Rights Reserved