Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 3 Average: 5/5]
If you’re looking for an easy dinner menu item then look no further. This dish is super easy to make and everyone will swear that you spent all day in the kitchen.
- 1 Pound Ground Lamb
- 6 Bell Peppers (Red, Yellow, Orange, or Green)
- 5 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3/4 Cup Onion (Coarsely Chopped)
- 1 Cup Pearl Couscous (Also Called Israeli Couscous)
- 1 1/4 Cups Water
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Oregano (Coarsely Chopped)
- 1 Pinch Saffron
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice tops off each pepper, which should be approximately a quarter inch from the tip. Reserve tops and set aside. Remove membranes and seeds from peppers.
- In a large –size sauté pan add ground lamb and cook over a medium-high heat for 10 minutes until cooked through.
- In a large-size saucepan heat 1 tablespoon olive oil, add chopped onions and cook over a medium heat for 2 minutes until tender. Add couscous and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add water, kosher salt, and pepper. Cover and cook 8 minutes or until al dente.
- The couscous should have absorbed all the water.
- Add cooked lamb, chopped oregano, saffron and 1 tablespoon olive oil to couscous.
- Choose baking pan just big enough to hold peppers. Coat pan with remaining olive oil. Fill each pepper with lamb and couscous mixture
- Cover each one loosely with one of the lids previously set aside.
- Place in oven and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and carefully transfer to serving platter.
- Serve warm.
- Serves 6
- © Victoria Hart Glavin