Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
Need to change up your fried chicken dinners? Garlic & Ginger Fried Chicken is a delicious twist on a run-of-the-mill staple.
- 1 Cup Mirin (Sweet Japanese Rice Wine)
- 1 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1 Cup Unseasoned Rice Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Peeled Ginger
- 25 Smashed Peeled Garlic Cloves
- 4 Pounds Chicken (Cut Into 10 Pieces)
- 3 Cups Vegetable Oil
- 2 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- In medium-size bowl combine mirin, soy sauce, rice vinegar, ginger, and garlic. Place chicken pieces into large-size ziplock bag. Pour soy sauce mixture into ziplock bag over chicken pieces. Turn to coat. Place in refrigerator 6 to 12 hours.
- Remove chicken from fridge. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pour vegetable oil into large-size cast iron skillet. Turn heat to a medium-high until instant read thermometer reads 350 degrees.
- In shallow bowl combine flour, kosher salt, and pepper. Remove chicken from marinade and let excess drip off. Toss in flour mixture to coat.
- Working in two batches, remove chicken from flour, shaking off excess, and fry, turning occasionally, for 3 minutes until golden brown. Place chicken, skin side up, on wire rack set inside rimmed baking sheet. Place in oven and bake 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer to serving platter.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 18 Minutes Total Time: 38 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved