Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
I love spring for its abundance of rhubarb. I’ve been making all sorts of rhubarb jam combinations. I had a few stalks leftover and decided to try it out in scones. The outcome was full on delicious.
- 4 Rhubarb Stalks (Sliced 1/4 Inch Thick)
- 4 Tablespoons Sugar
- 3 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 4 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Melted Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Dark Brown Sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In medium-size bowl toss sliced rhubarb with 4 tablespoons sugar. Set aside.
- In large-size bow sift together flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, and kosher salt. Mix in rhubarb and sugar mixture.
- Beat cream to form soft peaks and then fold into flour mixture. Knead just until dough holds together. Pat it out into 10 inch round and place on lightly greased baking sheet. Brush with butter. Put brown sugar in strainer and sieve evenly over top. Score in 8 wedges. Place in oven for 45 minutes until slightly browned.
- Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes before cutting wedges.
- Makes 8 Scones
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 45 Minutes Total Time: 65 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved