Whether served for breakfast or dessert this simple dish balances the warm sweetness of roasted pears and honey with creamy yogurt. It can be eaten any time of year, but feels especially appropriate during autumn and winter when the flavors complement toasty days spent curled up on the sofa or celebrating the holidays with loved ones.
Roasted Pear Crumble
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 3 ratings
- 1/4 Cup Rolled Oats
- 1/4 Cup Coarsely Chopped Almonds
- 2 Tablespoons Unbleached Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/8 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 4 Tablespoons Honey (Divided)
- 2 Tablespoons Plus 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil (Divided)
- 2 Ripe Firm Anjou Pears (Halved & Cored)
- 2/3 Cup Plain Yogurt
- Place rack in middle position of oven.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In medium-size bowl combine oats, almonds, flour, cinnamon, and kosher salt. Add 2 tablespoons honey and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Combine well until ingredients are wet and crumbly.
- Arrange pears cut side up in baking dish. Drizzle pears with 1 teaspoon olive oil and rub to coat all sides. Loosely top each pear with crumble mixture.
- Place on middle rack of oven 30 to 35 minutes until pears are tender when pierced with fork and topping is brown and crisp. Remove from oven.
- In small-size bowl combine remaining honey and yogurt.
- Evenly spoon yogurt into 4 shallow bowls. Place warm pears on top of yogurt.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 35 Minutes Total Time: 55 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2018 All Rights Reserved