Glazed ham is an Easter Staple. This super easy recipe has a hint of orange flavor and will have your family coming back for second helpings. Leftovers are perfect for melted cheese sandwiches.
Slow Cooker Easter Ham
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 16 ratings
- 1 Bone-In Shank Or Butt Portion Smoked Ham (7 to 9 Pounds)
- 1 Teaspoon Whole Cloves
- Zest Of 1 Orange
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Rosemary
- 2 Cups Orange Juice
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Apple Jelly
- 1/2 Cup Grainy Mustard
- 4 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1/2 Cup Water
- Score the fat on top of the ham and stud with rows of cloves. Piercing the ham first with a wooden skewer makes it easier to push in the cloves.
- In a large-size glass bowl add orange zest, rosemary, orange juice, brown sugar, apple jelly, mustard, and vinegar. Place in microwave, on high, for 1 minute. Remove and whisk until smooth.
- Place ham in bowl of slow cooker and top with glaze. Set temperature to low, cover with lid, and cook 6 hours.
- Remove ham, reserving liquid in slow cooker. Transfer ham to cutting board. Tent with foil and allow to rest 10 minutes before cutting. In small-size bowl mix cornstarch with 1/2 cup water. Stir into reserved cooking liquid. Cover and continue to cook on low for 10 minutes while ham rests.
- Serve with glaze.
- Serves 6
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 370 Minutes Total Time: 390 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2017 All Rights Reserved