Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 2 Average: 5/5]
This spanakopita inspired dish is a great vegetarian main or a hearty side for meat or chicken.
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1 Small Yellow Onion (Chopped)
- 20 Ounces Frozen Chopped Spinach (Thawed & Squeezed Dry)
- 1 Cup Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Dill (Chopped)
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 4 Sheets Frozen Phyllo Dough (Thawed)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- In 10 inch nonstick (oven safe) skillet melt butter over a medium heat. Transfer 2 tablespoons melted butter to small-size bowl.
- Add onions to skillet and cook for 5 minutes until softened. Stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Stir in spinach, ricotta, eggs, feta, dill, kosher salt, and pepper.
- Lay 1 sheet phyllo dough on work surface. Brush lightly with reserved melted butter. Lay over spinach mixture. Fold edges under to fit inside skillet. Make sure to keep extra phyllo dough covered while you work.
- One at a time, brush remaining 3 sheets with butter and add to skillet. Rotate and scrunch each sheet slightly so edges are offset and top is a bit ruffled.
- Place in oven and bake 30 minutes until golden brown and heated through.
- Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serves 4
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen