We’re having quite a storm here in the northeast and what could be more comforting than a hearty soup that can be made with ingredients you already have in the pantry. Add a loaf of crusty bread and a green salad and you’ll have a complete meal.
Navy Bean Soup
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 1 Large Onion (Chopped)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 2 Carrots (Sliced)
- 2 Celery Ribs (Sliced)
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Parsley
- 1 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 4 Cups Vegetable Or Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 5 Cups Cooked Navy Beans (Drained & Rinsed)
- In large-size pot add olive oil. Turn heat to a medium-high. Add onions, garlic, carrots, and celery. Sauté 5 minutes. Stir often. Add parsley, pepper, kosher salt, broth, water, tomato paste, and beans. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer 20 minutes. Stir occasionally. Add more water if you need to thin soup out a bit.
- Remove from heat and serve warm.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 30 Minutes Total Time: 50 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2018 All Rights Reserved