Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 2 Average: 4/5]
Imagine an apple dessert that works so well you could even have it for breakfast. Ah, the glory of fall!
- 6 Gala And/Or Granny Smith Apples (Peeled, Cored & Sliced 1/4 Inch Thick
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Cup Uncooked Rolled Oats
- 1 Cup Chopped Nuts Or Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/3 Cup Unbleached Flour
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Melted Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In large-size bowl toss apples with lemon juice. Arrange in greased 9 inch square baking pan.
- In large-size bowl combine oats, nuts (or pumpkin seeds), flour, and brown sugar. Stir to combine. Add melted butter and cinnamon. Mix until crumbly. Sprinkle over apples. Place in oven for 30 minutes until apples are nice and tender.
- Remove from oven and serve warm or cold.
- Note: You can also make this in individual ramekins
- Serves 6
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2015 All Rights Reserved