Yields or Serves:
Tags: Dijon Mustard, Fingerling Potatoes, Kosher Salt, Mussels, Mussels & Watercress Salad, Mustard, Oil, Olive Oil, Pepper, Potato Salad, Potatoes, Salads, Salt, Seafood, Victoria Hart Glavin, Vinegar, Warm Potato Mussels & Watercress Salad, Watercress, Watercress Salad, White Wine Vinegar, www.tinynewyorkkitchen.com
Steamed mussels and tender roasted fingerling potatoes pair nicely with wilted watercress in this simple salad. Be sure to toss the watercress and vinaigrette with the potatoes as soon as they come out of the oven so the watercress wilts and the dressing penetrates the potatoes as they cool.
- 2 Pounds Mussels (Cleaned)
- 1 1/2 Pounds Fingerling Potatoes (Halved Lengthwise)
- 6 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt (Divided)
- 2 Tablespoons White Wine Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 Medium Bunch Watercress (Stemmed)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- Position rack in center of oven.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- On large rimmed baking sheet toss potatoes with 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 teaspoon kosher salt. Place in oven and roast 20 minutes until golden brown and tender. Toss occasionally.
- While potatoes are roasting clean mussels thoroughly. Steam mussels, covered, 3 to 5 minutes until mussels open. Throw away any that don’t open.
- In small-size bowl whisk vinegar, mustard, and 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt. Whisking constantly, slowing pour in remaining olive oil to form a thick dressing.
- Pour half of dressing directly over hot potatoes on the baking sheet. Add watercress and toss until potatoes absorb dressing and watercress starts to wilt. Season with pepper. Transfer to large-size bowl and add steamed mussels. Toss again.
- Serve with remaining dressing on the side.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 20 Minutes Total Time: 40 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved