Whiskey and maple syrup win out over the usual corn syrup. Complex and dense, this is one sweet pie, but worth every bite.
Whiskey Pecan Pie
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 Pie
- (5 /5)
- 27 ratings
- 1 Single Crust Pie Dough
- 3 Large Eggs (Room Temperature)
- 3/4 Cup Maple Syrup
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Unsalted Butter (Melted)
- 1 Teaspoon White Vinegar
- 4 Tablespoons Whiskey
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 1/4 Cups Pecan Halves
- Make dough and place in refrigerator for 1 hour or overnight. Roll out bottom crust and place it in 9-inch pie pan. For crust into pie pan and trim edges. Pinch edges into ridge. Place crust in freezer while preparing filling.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In medium-size bowl beat eggs until nice and frothy. Add maple syrup, brown sugar, butter, vinegar, whiskey, and kosher salt. Stir to combine. Mix in pecan halves. Pour filling into pie shell. Smooth out filling with butter knife. Place in oven 50 to 60 minutes until crust is golden and center remains firm when gently shaken (check at 50 minutes).
- Remove from oven and transfer to wire rack to cool for at least one hour before serving.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Makes 1 Pie
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes Cook Time: 60 Minutes Total Time: 90 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved