This easy but elegant dessert features fresh vanilla bean. Don’t throw away the pod when you’re done with it. Dry it and pack it in some sugar for vanilla sugar.
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 2 ratings
- 1 Vanilla Bean
- 3/4 Cup Mascarpone Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 4 Pears
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- With tip of paring knife split vanilla bean in half lengthwise. With side of knife scrape out seeds and place in medium-size bowl. Reserve vanilla bean halves. Add mascarpone cheese and lemon juice. Combine well and set aside.
- Halve pears lengthwise and core.
- In large-size non-stick skillet heat butter, reserved vanilla bean halves, and 2 tablespoons water, over a medium-low heat, until butter melts. Add pears and turn to coat in butter mixture. Cook 2 minutes turning pears over occasionally.
- Sprinkle sugar, cinnamon, and ginger around pears, stirring into cooking liquid. Cover skillet and cook 3 to 4 minutes until pears are tender. Uncover and turn all pear halves cut-sides down. Cook 1 minute until pears are caramelized, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer 2 pear halves to each of 4 bowls. Spoon some cooking liquid over pears. Top with spoonfuls of vanilla mascarpone.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 8 Minutes Total Time: 28 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2019 All Rights Reserved